Followers

Friday, December 13, 2013

GESSO CRAZY AND AN OOPS!!



Hello Everyone...

Friday night here and all I can say is THANK GOODNESS!!

Been a long hard week with 'My Ladies' and now I have a 'Gentleman' and he is at that...no trouble at all..just sits and smiles..and likes my new hair cut..bless him.

So while I am sitting here typing away and delicately placing my fingers in an open box of Roses Chocolates that I was given today and having a munch...thought I would share a card with you..using a freebie image from Heather Valentin for the new challenge at LACY SUNSHINE  which is Celebration..



This is the beautiful image called "Flurry"...

Coloured with Faber Castell pencils and inked background...just softly though.




There she is perched in her tree and catching the flurries of snow as they fall..isn't she beautiful..

Used papers from MME "Be Merry"...pinecone from my decoration box and clipped all the back off so it can sit flat on the card..flowers from WOC and they have had the Gesso treatment..as did the edges of the card...although I got a bit carried away and made a mess so added glitter to the card edges to hide it...lol..



Added a pretty bow which was holding a tag on my new blouse, and I cut it off , and the snowflake is actually baking paper,which I use, to help the die cuts come out of the die..and quite liked it,so used it.

Sentiment is a kaisercraft clear stamp..gesso-ed that too...added some Cheerylyn vines as I have not got the pine needle die yet..but I will...and took all the photos today in front of my Christmas Tree..

Gee..I wafted a bit tonight...must be the chocolates...too much sugar..

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a fantastic weekend when it comes...and big welcome to my new followers...fantastic to have you here.

Entering these challenges...

Lacy Sunshine  [Celebration] I chose Christmas..

Creative Moments  [Winter Wonderland/Anything goes]

Fab n Funky challenges [Snowflakes]



See you tomorrow.

Luv CHRISSYxx

33 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMGosh, so beautiful. I just love her golden hair. Your coloring is superb!

Unknown said...

Ha just enjoy your sugar lol, love the use of gesso, always turns out great.. the colours and flowers are gorgeous. Isn't Flurry adorable....love the cute image too...nice to hear you have a wonderful gentle man to care for....enjoy your weekend.xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this is gorgeous, love the image and soft colours and fab embellies, love this card

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Hi Chrissy what a lovely card, that image is beautiful. Chocolate fingers now Roses and you didn't save me any, will have to stick to my custard creams lol. Love Alison xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, hugs Pops x x x

Kim said...

gorgeous card Chrissy, love the layout and embellies too! Don't eat all the chocs at once!
Kim x

Sue said...

Oh wow Chrissy stunning card.I love your sweet image and card design.
Love your embellies.
Hugs x

coops said...

so gorgeous chrissy.fab pretty image and I love your stunning design and details :D

xx coops xx

coops said...

so gorgeous chrissy.fab pretty image and I love your stunning design and details :D

xx coops xx

Hanneke said...

Wow, such a pretty Christmas card! I love all the embellies. Hugs, Hanneke

shampylou30 said...

Beautiful card thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxx

sammi said...

BEautiful card, Chrissy! Love the soft colors and added details. Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Celebrations" challenge at Lacy Sunshine. We're so happy you joined us! Please visit us, again! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member for Lacy Sunshine.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Chrissy. I love the image and all your detailing is so beautiful.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your choccies - if you have any left!
hugs Sue xx

Manderly said...

Oh Chrissy, Flurry turned out sooo very lovely! All your embellies are gorgeous and used so well. What talent you have! Her wings are amazing. I love all the things you come up with, like cutting the back off the pine cone. Really a beauty!
hugs Manderly xxxooo

Cathy Lee said...

Beautiful card, Chrissy. Lovely image and pretty coloring. Fabulous gesso treatment to your elements.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous...fab image and design.xxx

Debs said...

So beautiful Chrissy - gorgeous colouring and stunning embellies.
Debs xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Chrissy, I like the adorable image and the embellishments.
Kevin xx

CraftinGranny said...

Oh Chrissy, she is gorgeous and you've colored her beautifully. A very special Christmas card indeed. Hugs, Carol

heidy said...

What a beautiful card Chrissy!!
XXX Heidy

chrissy xx said...

It's GORgeous! What a pretty image this is Chrissy..LOve, LOve, LOve your design and colours and these fab embellishments. Is there a bit of chocolate on this card?? No only kidding lol..
Chrissyxx
Hope to hear more about your Gentleman.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Chrissy. A fab image and I love all the pretty embellies
Lorraine x

Tammy said...

Incredible! Beautiful image and the embellishments are just gorgeous!

Pia S said...

You've colored this image so beautifully, Chrissy! Love the soft colors and her golden locks!
Love the arrangement of your embellishments, the reused ribbon, baking paper snowflake, flowers and die cuts are all wonderful details!

Lisa Minckler said...

So adorable to think of little festive creatures sitting amongst our trees collecting the merriment of winter in the form of snowflakes...I LOVE THAT! What a beautiful freebie and you've presented her is pure gorgeous! Especially love the correction of the oops...that adds so much more festivity and cheer.
hugs to you Chrissy!!!
Lisa x

Wishcraft said...

Fab design Chrissy, this is so pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Chrissy this is so beautiful you have coloured that image perfectly, the flowers and card design are very pleasing to the eye.
hugs
Lorraine x

Whisper said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Luv Sam x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is fab Chrissy as usual beautifully embellished! I used to find the men were the least trouble to look after! Susan x

Annette said...

Lovely card Chrissy, and save me a chocolate would you! LOL
Hugs
Annette
xx

Rach83 said...

Gorgeous card, Chrissy. Your colouring is fab and I love all the embellishments you've used. Great idea to recycle the ribbon - the perfect match too.

Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you have a fabby festive!

Rachel x

*Vicki* said...

Oh Chrissy, this is absolutely adorable!! Love the beautiful image and design of your card! :) HUGS

Alli Devine said...

Gorgeous card love your colouring thanks for joining us at fab n funky
Alli D x