Followers

Thursday, October 22, 2015

SIT BACK,RELAX,GRAB A CUPPA OR CHOCOLATE..TIME FOR ANOTHER LONG TUTORIAL!



Hello Everyone...

I have another tutorial for you...and this project was an order for a lady, after looking at THIS project in my lounge...[8"x8"]


Now sometimes [most times]..my mouth flies open and I agree to anything without thinking..

The lady in question said she loved this, but could I make it bigger..$$$$ signs whizzed through my brain and my mouth shot open and said "Of course I can, I will do anything you like "..

And so it all began...hope you are comfy....here we go..



I started with the masking tape..just normal masking tape and layered up the canvas...then painted the whole thing with 2 coats of Gesso primer...edges too. [sorry about the sun sneaking in, but it was very early in the morning..



Then came the mustard yellow paint with water to get it to run through the cracks....




Added another coat of mustard and more water.....

 
 
Then we waited for paint to dry..
 





And WAITED...



Then came the Red Ochre.....and started with the black and MORE water....



More black and more water....



Until I was happy.....



On went the fussy cut Dragonflies after their wings were slather in Glossy accents...and glued onto ripped up cardboard boxe panels..

The sentiment this time was not stamped, but printed from the computer as they had to be big to keep the proportion going..

And of course the splatterings of white paint to finish off...



A close up of the Dragonflies..and the lady was very happy indeed..then turned up with another canvas and asked me to do it all over again with a different word and lighter in colour..I think she has a problem with Dragonflies or masking tape..but I aim to please and here we go again..this time it is 12 inches high and 36 inches long..

Challenges to enter....

Inspiration Destination   [anything goes]

The Crafty Addicts   [Anything goes /Autumn colours]

City Crafter challenge   [into the wood]

Through the craft room door   [anything goes]


Thanks so very much for stopping by, and I hope it was not too boring waiting for the paint to dry..Harry thought is was...lol..

luv CHRISSYxx






 







31 comments:

Veerle said...

This piece is stunning Chrissy, I absolutely love it.
Thx for explaining how you made this.

Hugs, Veerle x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Chrissy, the dragonfly is stunning
Lorraine x

Words and Pictures said...

Another gloriously textured mixed media piece, Chrissy - those dragonflies look wonderful perched on the distressed corrugated card, and the depth and richness of colours in the background is just amazing! Lovely to get some sunshine by proxy too - we're grey and damp here in the UK!!
Alison xx

Doreen said...

Love the fab texture,this is gorgeous.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

SUPER AWESOME Love it my friend...your little tut is very well explained...go for it and sell more...we may be planning a little get a way to NZ so any ideas on the best?? xx

Whisper said...

Simply stunning and thanks for a fabby tutorial too - don't know if i would have all that patience, for the long waits for it to dry though, Luv Sam x

Dr Sonia S V said...

OOOh what a beauty and I love your style of writing Chrissy!!You make me smile!

Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sue B said...

Oh Wowzer… this is awesome Chrissy! a real work of art! LOVE the rich colours and textures… the background looks gorgeous and it's wonderful to see how you achieved it! the pretty dragonflies and the fab words are perfect together.
I hope you enjoy making the next one also! it's no wonder she wants another… they are so stunning and beautiful. :-))
Hope you have a good day
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

chrissy xx said...

Yikes! They do take a long time to do! Thank you for your tutorial..Love your end creation Chrissy..good job you've got nice weather to let them dry..
A FABulous design and I LOve your texture..
Chrissyxx

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh hun brilliant love all the photos the colours are just amazing so so love the texture hugs cheryl x

Sheila said...

Wow stunning yet very simply made too. Think it's may borrow your idea if that's OK - you will get a mention of course if I get round to it. X

Donna said...

This is just fantastic :)
Love the 'wood' look... Maybe your dog can take itself off for a walk while the next one is drying off!!!

Chris said...

A gorgeous piece of art Chrissy, the texture and colours are amazing, worth boring Harry with all the waiting around!
Chris
x

jimlynn said...

A true work of art! This would be hanging on my wall somewhere. So beautiful and it's amazing the way you put it all together. I'm glad you didn't tell the lady no, but know it was a ton of work! Well worth it since it's gorgeous!
lynn

Carol S. said...

Wow! That was time comsuming!! But well worth it as it is a stunning piece of artwork. Love all the texture and the dragonfly is beautiful. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is stunning. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Addicts Challenge Blog challenge 3 Autumn Colours. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Tammy said...

Totally amazing and beautiful! So glad Harry was on hand to help you with the waiting process! Love the results!

Ros Crawford said...

It's absolutely wonderful!!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful Chrissy thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Deastination
Dianne x
IDCB DT

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is another awesome project Chrissy, the colours and textures look amazing, a really brilliant piece of creativity, I am like you Chrissy I can never say no, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Tracy said...

That lady knows a good artist when she finds one. :-) This is beautiful Chrissy. Love all the texture. Hugs!

Adventures in Paperland said...

Wow, love the masking tape background Chrissy and I'm such a fan of dragonflies. This is wonderful and I'm sure she will cherish it.

Pia S said...

I'm so impressed by the background and I love seeing the photos to see how your work progresses. I haven't dared to venture into the real world of mixed media yet, but I love this style and every inspiration I can get. I think it turned out looking fabulous!!!

Mary said...

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Best Regards, Mary

TTCRD DT
Thyme To Create {My Blog}

Desire Fourie said...

A stunning mixed media project and I love your 4-legged helper sleeping on the job lol.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Your jovial post makes me laugh and shine my morning Chrissy. That is really huge project with yummy texture and long long wait but worth it! Thanks for showing how you did. Magnificent project! Thank you for joining Anything Goes challenge at Through The Craft Room Door and hope to see you again next challenge. Have fun creating :)
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

*Vicki* said...

Wow Chrissy, this is totally brilliant my friend!! LOVE your painting, how you went about putting it together as well!! Oh the things you can do with tape!! :) I know it's always a waiting game when you paint, but it always seems to be worth it and it certainly was for you in this case!! I love it!! I'm sure she will be thrilled to get it as well!! :) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Kim said...

fabulous piece Chrissy, love the finished effect! (and loved the pics of Harry waiting...)
Kim x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely brilliant love the dragonflies and great step by step -good luck with the larger canvas lol
carol x

Tina Goodwin said...

This is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!! I am in awe. Thank you for sharing the steps you took to create this beauty.